Thursday, June 28, 2007

Introduction: David Anderson

The guys at "Intelligently Sequenced" have kindly invited me to join their blog - so, let me introduce myself.

My name's David Anderson. I haven't reached 30 quite yet and am married with a lovely wife and three delightful tiddlers. My academic qualifications are in Mathematics (Oxford) and Theology (Glamorgan), in the UK. I've been blogging for the last 8 months or so at "BCSE Revealed", an investigative blog whose aim is to expose the so-called "British Centre for Science Education". This group have been lobbying MPs, newspapers and the public, presenting themselves as an authoritative voice on science education debate. But: they're an absolute and shameless fraud. Read about it at "BCSE Revealed" if you want to know more.

In my day job, I'm a trainee pastor of a church in Derbyshire, United Kingdom (here). My aim is to be pleasing to Jesus Christ, who I worship as Creator and Saviour. I make no bones about the fact that I think that science, philosophy, religion and all the rest are part of a single, seamless whole: the universe that he created. I expect science to be a profitable and fruitful field of human activity, because I don't believe that the universe is random or accidental. I believe that materialists, imposing their philosophy upon science, are subverting it and suppressing many clear evidences of design - and shutting off whole avenues of fruitful inquiry by refusing to think outside of their materialistic paradigm.

My posts on "Intelligently Sequenced" will likely focus on popular-level discussion of some of the philosophical issues surrounding design and intelligence. I am told, though, to "post at will", so who knows what I'll end up coming out with!

Finally, something fun in case you haven't seen it before. Here's my response to Richard Dawkins. You can read this as a parable on Dawkins' brand of hyper-skepticism; it's amazing what you can deny if you're perverse enough. http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/does-richard-dawkins-exist.html

I look forward to talking with you!

David

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger William Bradford said...

Welcome David. The Dawkins essay was entertaining. I had accepted his existence based on arguments from authority.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home